- Have three to six months of development experience in a professional environment.
- Be familiar with the HTML document structure and associated terminology, but are not expected to be expert and do not need to have experience with HTML5.
- Have one to three months experience with HTML and XML.
- Have a general familiarity with the Microsoft Visual Studio IDE.
This three-day instructor-led course provides participants with the knowledge and skills to develop HTML5 web applications using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010.
- Create and view a simple Web application using HTML within the Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 SP1 IDE.
- Explain the new semantic and structural elements that can be used to create HTML5 Webpages.
- Create Web forms that make use of validation capabilities using the new input types and attributes included in the HTML5 specifications.
- Create layouts and styles using advanced CSS and CSS3.
- Integrate graphics and multimedia into webpages using the Canvas, SVG, Video and Audio elements.
- Implement offline data scenarios using the new HTML5 Web Storage API.
- Create simple web applications using WebMatrix or ASP.NET MVC.
Module 1: Introduction to HTML5 Development
Module 2: Creating Page Structure and Navigation
Module 3: Creating Form Input and Validation
Module 4: Laying Out and Styling Webpages
Module 5: Getting Started with Graphics and Multimedia Elements
Module 6: Creating Advanced Graphics
Module 7: Using Client-Side Storage
Module 9: Using WebMatrix and Other Developer Tools